Saturday, April 10, 2010

kuby.jpg

MY GUY, RON KUBY


I really dig this cat, Ron Kuby. He's a lawyer who defends the little guy. He once walked out on a case I was peripherally unfortunately involved in -- defending the little guy doesn't include defending would-be histrionic nut jobs. We remain on good terms and I will definitely hire him again if I ever run into any future trouble. Let's hope I am done dating maniacs. 

Kuby pops up every now and then to rain on some idiotic tough guy's parade, often times some fat cat involved in city shenanigans. This time, he's defending Billy's Antiques and Props, you know the joint, the lean-to curio shop on the corner of Elizabeth and Houston, just spitting distance from Tom & Jerry's bar. The place with tons of dressers and chairs lining the side walk which catch my eye every time I ride by on my bike. 

3654561797_10140d23dd.jpg

i wonder if his business card says "handsome professional butt kicker"

Seems Billy Leroy is in big trubs for selling subway signage without a permit. 

Billy, who was arrested last month over the fandango,  maintains his innocence, stating he purchased the signs from a fella he was in good with who was supposed to just trash the things after they were taken out of service. Tossing those cool old relics into the garbage -- now, that would have been a crime. 

Leroy hits court June 16th. If you wanna see something amazing, which is Mr. Ron Kuby at work, be there!

05signs.jpg

If you see something, leave something

EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE: 

No comments:

Post a Comment